|Vice Chairman's Comments|
|Meter Standards - Extension|
|Interest on Deposits|
|Meet the Commissioners|
|Notice - Water Districts|
|Big Rivers Management Audit|
|Request PSC Records|
Vice Chairman Cicero's Comments
Regarding Salary and Benefits
Kentucky Chamber Energy Management Conference
January 18, 2018full text - click here
- The Public Service Commission has proposed amendments to its administrative regulations
- The proposed amendments are included in the January 2018 Administrative Record published by the LRC
- A public hearing on the proposed amendments shall be held on January 24, 2018 at 2:00 PM Eastern Standard Time at the Kentucky Public Service Commission
- Individuals interested in being heard at this hearing shall notify this agency in writing by five workdays prior to the hearing, of their intent to attend
- If no notification of intent to attend the hearing is received by that date, the hearing may be canceled.
- Written comments shall be accepted through January 31, 2018
- The proposed regulations can be found on the LRC website by using the links below:
Meter Standards - Extension Granted
All Jurisdictional Electric, Water and Gas Distribution Companies
On May 31, 2017, the Kentucky Public Service Commission (PSC) sent a letter reminding you of the PSC’s 2006 change in operating procedures of the Meter Standards Laboratory.
The PSC has been advised that utilities are having difficulty obtaining PSC-certified testing and calibration resources. The PSC is granting an additional six (6) months, or until July 1, 2018, to do so.
If you have any questions, please contact John S. Lyons, Deputy Executive Director at 502-782-2592
Extension Notice 12-27-2017 click here
Original May 2017 Letter regarding Meter Standards click here
Interest on Customer Deposits
Pursuant to KRS 278.460, the Kentucky Public Service Commission has determined that the interest rate on utility deposits for the calendar year 2018, effective January 1, 2018, shall be:
Frequently Asked Questions, click here
For historical information, click here
Environmental Surcharge Mechanism
Environmental Cost Recovery by Electric Utilities in Kentucky
Informational video (click here)
Public Meeting Presentation: LG&E and KU Environmental Compliance Plans and Surcharge
Big Rivers Electric Corporation
Focused Management Audit
Concentric Energy Advisors has completed its focused management and operations audit of Big Rivers Electric Corporation (“Big Rivers”). The public version of the report is available below.
Big Rivers is a member-owned not-for-profit generation and transmission rural electric cooperative organized pursuant to KRS Chapter 279. Big Rivers is in transition from having a total system load of roughly 1,500 MW, with 850 MW consumed by two aluminum smelters, to a total system load of 650 MW after the departure of the smelters.
In April 2014, the Kentucky Public Service Commission (PSC) ordered that a focused management audit be conducted of the strategic planning, management, and decision-making of Big Rivers relating to its efforts in mitigating the effects of the loss of the smelter load. An RFP was issued and Concentric Energy Advisors was selected to conduct the review.
An action plan addressing the findings and recommendations made by Concentric Energy Advisors was completed in December 2015. The PSC will monitor the implementation of the action plan until all of the recommended actions have been completed.
Click here to view the Action Plan
Click here to view the Concentric Report
Beginning July 16, 2014, the Kentucky Public Service Commission will begin delivering ALL ORDERS and case related documents BY E-MAIL unless mail delivery is requested.
For more information, click here
The Kentucky Public Service Commission Instructional Video Series
Register/Create your e-filer account (click here)
How to File in the Tariff Filing System:
• Prepare your filing – Part 1 (click here)
• Prepare your filing – Part 2 (click here)
• Upload your filing (click here)