Kentucky Public Service Commission

Problems with your Utility Service?

The Public Service Commission can answer your questions about your utility service and help you resolve your utility complaints that you have been unable to resolve with your utility.

FIRST, CONTACT YOUR UTILITY with your question. If the utility representative cannot resolve your problem, speak with the supervisor.

IF THE PROBLEM IS STILL NOT RESOLVED, contact the Commission's Consumer Services staff. The investigator will:

THE UTILITY WILL NOT DISCONTINUE YOUR SERVICE if you have a billing complaint pending before the Commission as long as you pay the undisputed amount of your bill and continue to pay your regular monthly bills.

IF THE PROBLEM IS STILL NOT RESOLVED, you may file a formal complaint and request a hearing before the Commission. The Consumer Services staff can provide you with the proper forms for filing a formal complaint.

CONSUMER SERVICE PERSONNEL STAND-BY READY TO ASSIST YOU with your questions by calling toll-free 1-800-772-4636 (press 1 when you hear the recording) between the hours of 8 AM and 5 PM, Monday through Friday. You may also contact the Commission by calling (502) 564-3940, fax us at (502) 564-1582, or by writing to us at P.O. Box 615, Frankfort, KY 40602 or click here to file an online complaint.

IF YOU HAVE A HEARING AND/OR SPEECH IMPAIRMENT and have access to a Telecommunications Device for the Deaf, you may have your call relayed to us by first calling 1-800-648-6056 (TDD only) or 1-800-648-6057 (Voice only).

NOTE: The Commission does not regulate the TVA supplied electric utilities, utilities owned and operated by units of local government (except for natural gas safety and certain wholesale water rates), sanitation districts, cable television companies, and bottled gas (propane) suppliers. We cannot help you with your complaints against these companies.