Kentucky Public Service Commission

Orders Orders RSS Feed Press Releases Press Releases RSS Feed
Follow @kypsc

Tips for the using the Search box

The Search box is a powerful tool for submitting queries. Here are some handy techniques for using the Search box.

Select a search scope

Type words to "find all"

Enclose exact phrases in quotation marks

Append file properties

Exclude certain search results

Tips for using properties

As you type queries in the Search box, or on the Search Center site, you can enhance your results by searching on property values, typed in the form property:value.

Enclose a property value in quotation marks to find an exact match, or leave the value unquoted to find partial matches that begin with the letters that you typed. Values are not case-sensitive.

Search by filename

Search by file type

Search on different properties

Search for alternate values for the same property

Exclude property values

Problems with your Utility Service?

The Public Service Commission can answer your questions about your utility service and help you resolve your utility complaints that you have been unable to resolve with your utility.

FIRST, CONTACT YOUR UTILITY with your question. If the utility representative cannot resolve your problem, speak with the supervisor.

IF THE PROBLEM IS STILL NOT RESOLVED, contact the Commission's Consumer Services staff. The investigator will:

THE UTILITY WILL NOT DISCONTINUE YOUR SERVICE if you have a billing complaint pending before the Commission as long as you pay the undisputed amount of your bill and continue to pay your regular monthly bills.

IF THE PROBLEM IS STILL NOT RESOLVED, you may file a formal complaint and request a hearing before the Commission. The Consumer Services staff can provide you with the proper forms for filing a formal complaint.

CONSUMER SERVICE PERSONNEL STAND-BY READY TO ASSIST YOU with your questions by calling toll-free 1-800-772-4636 (press 1 when you hear the recording) between the hours of 8 AM and 5 PM, Monday through Friday. You may also contact the Commission by calling (502) 564-3940, fax us at (502) 564-1582, or by writing to us at P.O. Box 615, Frankfort, KY 40602 or click here to file an online complaint.

IF YOU HAVE A HEARING AND/OR SPEECH IMPAIRMENT and have access to a Telecommunications Device for the Deaf, you may have your call relayed to us by first calling 1-800-648-6056 (TDD only) or 1-800-648-6057 (Voice only).

NOTE: The Commission does not regulate the TVA supplied electric utilities, utilities owned and operated by units of local government (except for natural gas safety and certain wholesale water rates), sanitation districts, cable television companies, and bottled gas (propane) suppliers. We cannot help you with your complaints against these companies.